11.01.2011

10. The Last Waltz


My dear lover, the flame
She was dancing in the colosseum

That’s when I found she was asking my hand
Oh lover, please, give me one last waltz
Rome was burning down and the clouds were growing darker
And the sky was mocking me with his dagger
She spoke in verse, my dear lover, the flame

You, asked for me
You, you begged from me

Go away, winter rain

So I ran with my hat in my hands just to prove my faith
She was running wild through the alleys, the streets and the colosseum
I did my best , Oh but I just couldn’t fool the rain

Stay here with me ‘till the rain brings me down
Hear the rattle of those pearls falling down the steps of the old dream of light.
They lead to the shadowed square where my memory hides all her thieves
And all I beg from you is one last waltz

Go away, winter rain
Oh go away, winter rain

I ran with my hat in my hands just to prove my faith
She was running wild through the alleys, the streets and the colosseum
I did my best, as I kneeled and prayed to the statue of every god

Leave us, winter rain
And all I beg from you is time for one last waltz

Sem comentários: