11.01.2011

04. No More


Not anymore do I remember the fleeting kiss of dawn
Breaking on my back like the new born rain
And no more do I sing of things better left untold
A friend of mine said when a window closes, one always finds a door
So I found the door to my house and I went inside
And I built myself a window there
When it was finally done, I carved my hands on the ledge
Stood there for a while and went away

My dear wife said “please don’t go”
My dear wife said “don’t take that road away from me”

But I went and she threw herself down the well
This well was so deep, when she hit rock bottom
I was already there, building myself a window
And when it was finally done, I carved my hands on the ledge...
Stood there for a while.
I felt the rain, falling just outside
No more will I dream of dreams better left asleep
No more will I dream of dreams better left asleep
A friend of mine said when a window closes, one always finds a door

2 comentários:

Ada Red disse...

Esta canción me parece preciosa. Dolorosamente preciosa.
Salud!

Su disse...

Tem o seu quê de Poe, ou é pura coincidência? ;D